When it comes to winter laundry, from your Christmas jumpers and winter woollies to that special party outfit, Orchid are here to help in the coldest of months. Here are a few tips for keeping your winter clothing looking pristine:
- During the winter, treat wool coats with a lint or suede brush after wearing to remove surface soil and lint.
- Hang wool overcoats on sturdy wood hangers so the weight of the coat doesn’t stretch the shoulder area.
- Wool coats shouldn’t be hung in a packed-to capacity wardrobe, as breathing helps the material stay crisp.
- Wool coats should be dry cleaned at the beginning and at the end of the season. Why at the end? Because moths are attracted to everyday human scents like perfume, smoke, and food.
- Empty wool coat and trouser pockets after every wear to keep them from sagging or losing shape.
- Allow 24 hours between wearing your woolly jumpers as this allows wrinkles to dissipate and the elasticity of the fabric to bounce back.